La Vie Est Belle - Clinique Repairwear

17:24

You may remember about a month ago I turned 26. I wrote a post about being an older au pair. Well here is one of the things they don't warn you about having your mid-twenties crisis - you start thinking about whether your moisturiser has anti-ageing properties.

Then you start investing night cream.

It's all downhill from here.




Ok, so I am going to talk about two products here - the Clinique Repairwear Sculpting Night Cream and Anti-Gravity Eye Cream.

So firstly the night cream. This is a gel cream that claims to define the appearance of facial contours and smooth and firm the look of the neck and chest as well. You have to spread this all the way down to your chest, because it is designed to firm up what the french call the décolletage. It is designed to be used at night when your skin is most receptive and to ensure that you wake up with luminous skin.

I like a lot of Clinique products. Their eye cream and their chubby stick lip colours are amazing. But this product was really disappointing. I particularly hated the texture of this. Whilst I normally love gel-creams because they feel so much lighter and fresher than heavy creams (which with oily skin are my nemesis), this just felt really sticky on my skin. It sat on top of my skin for ages, which made me worry about it all wiping off on the pillow before it got to work.

When I woke up in the morning, my skin still felt slightly tacky and sticky. Not pleasant. Finally, I noticed no improvement in my skin's texture or condition. My dry patches were still dry, nothing felt firmed or 'rejuvenated', and I perceived no increased luminosity at all. If anything I just woke up with my skin feeling clogged. Overall this was a huge disappointment.

The Anti-Gravity Eye Cream however is a different story. I have very deep set eyes, with a very deep eyelid crease and am prone to heavy dark circles (lack of sleep from au pair related stress not really helping this one). The cream claims to lift and firm the look of skin around the eyes and help relieve dark circles and small wrinkles. It has quite a creamy texture, and is supposed to be used in the morning as well as the evening. I am a big fan of Clinique's 'All About Eyes' cream for daytime wear, but was looking for something a little stronger for the night.

Whilst I do not yet have lines around my eyes, I definitely noticed a difference. Even after a reduced night's sleep, my eyes did not look terrible. The circles were less dark and less sunken. Although it is not a magic wand, it certainly feels like the skin around my eyes is plumped, and I can pass for almost human. Although it is fine for night-time, I do not wear it during the day as it has a slightly heavy texture which does not mix well with oily/combination skin AND makeup. However I am impressed with this eye cream.

Perhaps I am still a little young to be worrying about anti-ageing creams so much. But it never hurts to be prepared. Maybe I'll think again when I'm thirty.


No comments: