La Vie Est Belle: Klorane Shampooing Sec à l'ortie

23:43

Ok, I have said this before but it bears repeating. I am all about minimal effort when it comes to beauty products. There are very few products that I think are essential products that I would use everyday. A face-wash, a good moisturiser, brown mascara and a concealer are my everyday products. I can get quite happily by with just them, and one other thing.

Dry shampoo.

I love dry shampoo. It is a godsend. Anyone who has fine or oily hair knows that there is nothing more disheartening than waking up the day after your shower and your hair is already lank at the roots. I have tried several brands, to varying success. I am a big fan of Batiste original formula, but find the added volume version too sticky and the overly fragranced versions overwhelming. Here in France I have been unable to find Batiste. I was using Timotei Pure which I bought from the local supermarché, but it was very heavy and left me looking grey and flat. But now I have discovered Klorane.


Klorane products for hair and body are available in the UK from John Lewis. I have seen them there before and have been recommended them by friends who have sensitive scalps. Like many of the beauty products found in France, Klorane has its origins in a pharmacy, and uses a scientific approach to botanical extracts as the foundation of its range. There is one drawback though, these products are rather expensive in the UK, and are quite expensive here in French pharmacies at 9€ each (and available as a double pack for 15€).

That being said, this is without a doubt the best dry shampoo I have ever used. You spray it onto your hair, leave it for 2 minutes, then brush it out. The powder looks a little grey at first but brushes out really easily. The smell is not strong, but light and fresh. It is part of Klorane's l'ortie (nettle) range. Nettle is often used as a treatment for excess sebum (I was even told by a old lady to rinse my scalp with stewed nettles to get rid of oil. I never did).

But this is the amazing part, even when using dry shampoo I normally have to wash my hair every other day to get rid of the oil. Using Klorane shampooing sec I was able to last 2  days after washing my hair and could have gone for a 3rd (but I was going out and wanted to be sparkling). I have never had such great results from a dry shampoo. My hair stayed bouncy and fresh-looking for 72 hours! This hasn't happened to me since before I hit adolescence. I just gave my hair a quick spritz in the morning, and carried on as normal. There wasn't even a build up of powder on my roots. They did not go grey, feel sticky, or become weighed down and flat. I was amazed.

Yes this is an expensive product, more than I would ever normally pay for dry shampoo. But this stuff works. And if it means less frequent showering, maybe my hair will start to regrease more slowly anyway. In short, I am a huge convert to this product and would definitely recommend it to anyone who uses dry shampoo as part of their regular beauty regime . 

No comments: