Nuxe Bio Beauté High Nutrition Body Lotion For Sensitive Skin

09:39

On my recent trip to the Alps, I made a promise. I was going to practice a little self care and try to repair a little of the damage that my body had undergone since coming back to au pairing in January. I went on a mini-pharmacy binge before jumping on the TGV and picked up a few treats to boost my apres ski regime. My first choice was this - Nuxe Bio Beauté High Nutrition Body Lotion For Sensitive Skin. After receiving an entire handful of free samples of this in a Monoprix para-pharmacy near Notre Dame, I decided to go out and buy the real deal.





If you have read my earlier posts, you will know that I am a big fan of Nuxe. They are a pharmacy brand, but they always seem to have an attitude of luxury - however this may just because they make those oh so pretty shiny golden body oils advertised in all the pharmacy windows. This lotion is part of their Bio Beauté range, which aims to bring organic ingredients and effective products together with no mineral oils, no artificial colouring agents, no parabens. This lotion is designed for sensitive skin, using natural cold cream and extracts of sweet almond, beeswax, and rosewater (all organic). It is supposed to nourish the skin, and help reduce the signs of dry and red patches. I thought this would be perfect to help soothe my skin after being blasted by wind and snow on the top of the mountains. I bought this product from Parashop, 53 Rue de Passy, 75016 Paris - a chain of pharmacies that are often offer a better price on many of the luxury skin care brands than other pharmacies. They have not paid me to say that, it is a genuine tip.

Now I have to confess - I don't like almond based products. I have an intolerance to almonds, so eating anything containing them has a pretty nasty effect on me (though using them on my skin has no effect). Consequently the smell of almonds is one of my least favourite smells - a shame since it is one of the most frequently used scents in luxury bath products and toiletries. However, the smell of this lotion did not make me feel physically ill. It was very light with a honeyed edge, and was so subtle that after a while I forgot about it. It takes a lot of effort to overcome my loathing of almond scents to ty a product, but this one really did win me over.

The texture of this lotion is also super light. Most creams for dry skin are usually very heavy or leave a greasy film on top of the sin for ages afterwards - who doesn't hate the sensation of putting jeans over legs covered in heavy cream? But this cream was really fluid and absorbed really quickly. Its perfect for use all over your body after just jumping out the shower or bath.you don't feel like you have undone all your work scrubbing in the shower by covering yourself in something greasy, and your clothes will not stick to you afterwards! Amazing!

As for the results? I'm really pleased. It's probably not the most intensely moisturising product available, but it will keep your skin soft with regular use. It helped to sort out my dry elbows, and some dry patches that have been caused by the central heating in the flat, but I have been using it everyday. I can imagine for anyone suffering from really dry skin conditions, this alone may not be enough. However, it has kept my skin really soft after experiencing some seriously harsh Alpine weather - sub zero temperatures and being blasted by wind and snow. Considering the extreme conditions, this product has been great and was worth the price.


No comments: